CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Judgemental Bishop take 2

Okay so I'm putting this to all of you and I'd like your feedback....
Corby has once again lost his job(poor guy). Anyway, we went to our Bishop to ask for some help. We've gone to him once before when times were tough, so we thought that if our family can't help(they've helped so many times before) that we could go to our Bishop again...
BIG MISTAKE!
I don't know if I was just reading into something or what, but I got the feeling as if my Bishop was judging me. Aren't they suppose to be there to help without judgement?Anyway as I explained our situation he just kept throwing things back in my face, such as "You ought to be grateful for what you have.People in Peru and El Salvador have far less than we do so if you look at it that way, you're doing pretty well". Okay ya I know, I live in a house and have clothes on my back but right now I need some help. Then he says, "You're going to make sure you give back aren't you? You're still going to pay your tithing and fast offerings and help out when you're needed right?" I just nodded my head, but what I wanted to say was that I didn't expect something for nothing.Of course I'm going to help out where I can.

So tell me what's your impression of the conversation?

2 comments:

Shilo

Wow...
That is about all I can say...
Perhaps he was trying to be funny, though it really wasn't a good time for it. I don't know...
Sounds kind of crazy to me...

Kaeloni

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that! That would be hard!I hope you're ok now!