CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Giving of yourself


On Saturday, our Relief Society President calls at 9 a.m. and asks if Corby and I would be willing to go do a cannery assignment canning peas at 11a.m. Nothing like scrambling to find someone at the last minute, eh? Corby and I explained we had other plans to go to the temple and such, but she dashed our plans by telling us that in order to do baptisms you had to have your own family names. Gee thanks Cheryl! Anyway...

We finally agree and I meet Corby over there after going to the distribution center.

Well we stand around for the first hour of the time we were there, I kept thinking..."oh yeah, this is what I wanted to do with my Saturday". Then one guy asks us to go upstairs where the peas are going off a conveyor belt and help pick through them before they go in the cans.


It's a job I don't want to do again. We threw out shells and stems that hadn't gotten taken out before they came to the cannery. We also threw out the bad peas and something called 'night shade' that looks like a pea with a long stem attached that is apparently poison.


now to the point of my post... I was sitting there doing what I was suppose to and all of the sudden my foot slips after I ran my foot along some water and thrown out garbage...I hit my knee on the side of the metal conveyor belt. I didn't think much about it at the time other than that it hurt some.


Well Sunday I wake up and it's not only bruised but it's swollen! For the remainder of the weekend and on Monday this is what I looked like.


I just have to remind myself...I will be blessed in heaven for the service I performed regardless of the repercussions.


5 comments:

Kerri

I'm so sorry that you were injured while serving! That is a bummer but remember you are always a "winner". Good to catch up.

Burnhams

Happy birthday Corby! Hope your knee feels better Adri!

Shilo

Ouch!!!
That stinks...I hope it's feeling better.

Scott and Alison

I think it's safe to say that you should be receiving a crap load of blessings after this incident. Can I say that? Crap load of blessings? Anyway, I admire you for giving of your time so freely. If my relief society pres called me on a Saturday to go sort through peas, I'd tell her I had better things to do. Like sleep. haha Ok maybe not, but lucky for me she never calls! haha

Kaeloni

Oh my! I'm sorry!! Get better!